Throughout the years, technology has changed the way people do everything. Surprisingly, showering is included in this change. With the development of new shower heads, it is possible to enjoy your shower more than ever before! At the same time, some heads are capable of raining the water down on you in a relaxing manner. Others are better are saving water and being much more efficient. When attempting to purchase a shower head, it is vital to know the differences between the different types. Within this guide, you will learn about the different shower heads, as well as the top 10 best!
Types of Showerhead
Truthfully, there is a wide assortment of different types of shower heads and each has its own benefits and cons. In order to make the right decision for your particular situation and purpose, it is vital to choose the right shower head. Below, you will be able to find a breakdown the various types and their pros and cons!
- Standard Wall-Mounted Showerhead – Most homes will traditional be fitted with the standard wall-mounted showerhead. Honestly, this showerhead isn’t anything special to look at, but it gets the job done. It is one of the cheaper options and will save you a great amount of money. Some of these models are equipped with various spray types for your comfort. They might not aesthetically pleasing, but they’ll get you wet!
- Top-Mount – The top mounted showerhead is much different. This is one of the best models, if you’re trying to get a rain-like experience. The top mount positions the showerhead directly above you and is best suited for rooms that aren’t tall enough for a wall mounted showerhead. Overall, the spray options are usually limited and these models can be a little on the expensive side! Still, you will love being able to enjoy the rain dropping down on you!
- The Handheld – If you want to be able to enjoy total control over your water flow, you’ll want to invest in a handheld showerhead. Typically, these are available with three to six inches of hose. It is always best to go with the bigger hose, so you have enough room to move it around. Being able to direct the water exactly where you need it is very beneficial, which makes these showerheads extremely popular.
- Sliding Bar Showerhead – Most people have probably never heard of this type of showerhead, but it can be very beneficial. In fact, it is best suited for bathrooms, which are going to be used by numerous individuals. With the sliding bar setup, it is possible to adjust the height of the head. This is truthfully the only difference between these heads and wall-mounted showerheads. Still, they’re good for bathrooms used by people of all different heights.
- The Body Spray – This type of arrangement is entirely different altogether. Instead of a single nozzle and stream of water, you get many! The heads are installed in vertical rows on two walls of